Podcast by iHeartPodcasts
Do you want to know the secret to know if your chemistry will last?
Are you wondering why you can’t move on from your ex?
If you have questions about love and relationships, this episode is for you. Psychotherapist and New York Times bestselling author Esther Perel is back. Esther is recognized as one of today’s most insightful and original voices on modern relationships. Esther’s TED Talks have garnered more than 40 million views and her bestselling books, Mating in Captivity and The State of Affairs, are global phenomena. Esther is also the host of the hit podcast Where Should We Begin? which is available on Apple Podcasts.
If you’ve ever wondered when a relationship is worth saving or why we grieve after a breakup, Esther has incredible insights to share that you can apply to your own relationship. Let’s discover the power of accountability in relationships and how it can trigger positive change. We discuss the art of turning conflict into connection. Also, we uncover the negative effects of losing curiosity and how it impacts our connections.
The conversation also fearlessly tackles the topics of betrayal, lack of trust, and the intersection of relationships, technology, and mental health. Get ready for a fascinating exploration of the narratives that shape our relationships, the dynamics between rationalists and romantics, and what truly makes a real relationship.
In this interview, you’ll learn:
- How to turn conflicts into genuine connection
- Why relationships often fail
- How to save your correct relationship
- What to do after a breakup
- How to boost trust and confidence in a relationship
It is truly a thought-provoking and heartfelt journey into the essence of human connection.
With Love and Gratitude,
Thank you to Soho Works 10 Jay in Dumbo for hosting us for this episode.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:12 When is a Relationship Worth Saving?
- 03:51 Why Do We Grieve After a Breakup?
- 05:14 Accountability in Relationships Can Trigger Change
- 10:00 How to Turn Conflict Into Connection
- 14:10 People Try to Overcome Fear by Gaining Control
- 17:14 The Negative Effects of the Loss of Curiosity
- 22:09 Blaming the Other Doesn’t Solve Anything
- 27:21 How to Make Your Partner Feel Important
- 29:10 Other Mediums to Express What You’re Unable to Say
- 36:01 Do New Things Together
- 38:08 There are Lingering Feelings that Stays Even After Breakup
- 41:53 We All Fear Betrayal and Lack of Trust
- 43:35 How to Value and Protect Your Relationship
- 50:50 The Real Story Before and After Betrayal
- 55:33 The Intersection of Relationships, Technology, and Mental Health
- 01:01:50 The False Relationship Narrative that Failed us
- 01:04:22 The Rationalists and the Romantics
- 01:06:23 What Makes for a Real Relationship?
- 01:10:04 Diversifying Long-Term Relationships
- 01:15:55 Your Partner’s Opinion Matters
- 01:21:11 The Real Definition of Self Confidence
- 01:24:59 We Are Drawn to People We Don’t Want to Become
- 01:28:03 Where Should We Begin A Game of Stories with Esther Perel
- Esther Perel | Website
- Esther Perel | Twitter
- Esther Perel | Instagram
- Esther Perel | YouTube
- Esther Perel | Facebook
- Esther Perel | Books
- Where Should We Begin? with Esther Perel
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.